Health Collaborative Block Party
We have come together in a non-compete environment to offer free services to the community. Every organization has agreed to volunteer time, education, and resources to provide culturally specific access to birth and breastfeeding support.
Maternal Health Collaborative Block Party will offer a range of activities and services, including:
- Parent Cafe: Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about building a birth team consisting of a Community Health Worker (CHW), a birth worker (doula and midwife), and lactation support (Peer, CLC, and IBCLC). This session will provide valuable information and guidance for new and expectant parents.
- Social Time: Families will have the chance to gather and enjoy games such as Spades, Chess, and Dominos, fostering a sense of community and connection.
- Food, Music, and Prizes: Attendees will be treated to delicious food, lively music, and the chance to win baby items, creating a festive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Featured services and topics include:
- Maternal and Child Health support services from Health Care Access Now, Cradle Cincinnati Connections, the Mercy Health Perinatal Outreach Program, Blaq Birth Circle, Me & She Doula Support, Cherished Hearts Family Support Services, Elite Supportive Living Services.
- Nutrition and Breastfeeding support from Hamilton County WIC Department, Baby Cafes, Breastfeeding Outreach for Our Beautiful Sisters (BOOBS), and the Southwest Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition.
- Infant safety to include safe sleep, infant CPR, car seat safety, Managed Care Plans, and rewards programs.